Saturday 5 July 2014

Beauty | Back to Where it all Started...

Wow... so it's been a while, I've neglected my blog for a bit too long....




I've been taking some time out to really think about my content and where I want this blog to go, and, in all honesty, I didn't get very far. Every time I wanted to blog I just found myself staring helplessly at the laptop screen wondering what on earth it was I wanted to write about. I started this blog as a way to escape the real world and just write because I love to. I realised that I stopped doing this and instead I was writing about what I thought people wanted to read, resulting in falling out of love with my little space on the internet.

So today I'm going right back to basics, back to where my little blogging journey began. A plain old simple review.

Now many of you may have done exactly what I did when I clocked this months Glamour magazine. That is to squeal in delight (internally, of course) at the free gift. Glamour never fail to disappoint in this area, but this month, I felt like fate was on my side.

You may or may not know how I feel about liquid eyeliner. It is probably in my top three I-can't-live-without-this beauty products and I'm rarely seen without a cheeky flick to flutter. Until recently, I've been a devout fan of Maybelline's Master Precise liner, but alas, as all good things do, my latest one inevitably dried up and started to become more of a fluffy brush than a sleek liner. So when Glamour were giving away a full size Eyeko London Skinny Liquid Eyeliner for free with this months issue I had to stop myself from doing a victory dance right there and then.





As soon as I got home, onto my lids it went. Like the my faithful old Maybelline one, it's a felt tip with a perfectly pointed nib to achieve the perfect line. There was no faffing about, it glided pretty much effortlessly onto my eyelid and I got the perfect flick in one attempt and one line. It lasts all day, but comes off easily when removed. It didn't smudge or leave me looking like a panda and the shape of the pen means you can make the line as thick or thin as you like. The RRP isn't too bad either, so if you've missed out on Glamour this month, but really fancy giving it a go, it's not going to pinch too much at £12.

Safe to say I'm going to round up all remaining issues to ensure I have an ongoing supply!



No comments:

Post a Comment