Monday 21 July 2014

Life | Looking After Yourself

Don't be swayed by the title- I'm not going to tell you how to live your life, that's your business, but I am going to take a wee bit of your time to emphasise how important it is to look after yourself with a bit of 'me time'. I'm a huge pioneer of this on my days off or on a boring Saturday night in. If you find yourself with a rare whole day to yourself, like I did last week, here's a few things you could do!



First up I like to have a bath with a relaxing bath bomb- Lush are my favourites!


While I'm in the bath I like to have a hair mask and a face mask- at the moment my hair mask is the TRESemme Hair Renewal because I am cursed with the frizziest, driest hay bale of hair you can imagine. Add sweltering weather to that and you can only imagine the state it can get in! The face mask I'm using is the Body Shop Honey & Oat 3-in-1 Scrub Mask


After I'm all clean and have used my face mask, I go through a fairly lengthy skincare routine. After the mask, I move onto the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser, followed by my L'oreal Micellar Water covers the cleansing and toning parts. Then I moisturise, at the moment with the Clinique Dramatically Different moisturiser. Then I use my Simple eye cream and roll on. 


If it's night time, I leave it at there, but if I do this during the day, next it's make-up time! At the moment, with it being so hot, I'm trying to wear less make-up. I won't go through everything, but my summer essentials here are the MAC Prep + Prime BB Cream, Maybelline Baby Lips, Sleek's Life's a Peach Blush and my favourite lipstick- the Maybelline Colour Sensational in shade 422- Coral Tonic. 


I pop some L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil through my hair and then scrunch it with my hands using the Tigi Catwalk Session Series Salt Spray, and I'm done! Again, if I start the day with this, I pop on downstairs and have breakfast or a smoothie to be good to my insides as well and have a relaxing morning! 



So that's just a few little things I like to do fairly regularly when I have some me time. I cannot stress the importance or effectiveness of doing things like this once every week or so just to make sure you are keeping relaxed and not over-stressing yourself- plus it's just nice to pamper yourself every so often. If you are feeling really indulgent you can always carry this on with a DIY mani-pedi! 

Happy Monday!


      

3 comments:

  1. Such a great post! And it's so true! Taking time for yourself helps confidence and anxiety as well!:) dailydoseofdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! yeah you're totally right! x

      Delete
  2. Great post, dear! I wish we can follow each other on BLOGLOVIN, and if you decided to follow me, please let me know so I can follow you back. Thank you! www.love-joice.com

    xoxo
    Joice

    ReplyDelete